1. Solar energy is renewable. We certainly not have to worry about running out of sunlight or using it all up. The sun is a reliable power source meaning it’s always going to be there each day.
2. Solar energy is environmentally friendly. Compared to fossil fuels which release greenhouses gases, carcinogens and carbon dioxide, solar cells don’t release anything into the air.
3. Solar panels are very reliable. There are no moving parts so you don’t have to worry about replacing anything. Actually, most people generate electricity for 1000s of hours with little or no maintenance.
4. Solar cells make no noise while collecting energy. There are no other renewable energy sources that are totally silent.
5. You’re not required to connect to the power grid. You can be totally independent and live off-the-grid. Imagine never paying another monthly bill or hook-up charge.
6. Sell excess electricity. If you build a large enough solar panel system, you can make your electric meter spin backwards! Most power companies will happily buy or credit you for this excess electricity.
7. Government tax credits. Most governments will give some kind of tax credit or incentive for people buying solar energy systems. Normally, rebates typically cover 20-30% of the system cost. Contact your local representatives for more details.